Selling with Leighton Hall Auctions
Selling with us
Selling with Leighton Hall Auctions is an easy and hassle-free process from start to finish! With our team and our state of the art auction software, our vendors are kept informed from the moment goods arrive at the saleroom until the day pay-outs are made with regular email updates throughout the sale of your goods.
The Selling Process at Leighton Hall Auctions
1. Consignment of Goods: Our representative will speak with you about your items and discuss rough estimates and our charges.
2. Research of Items: Our valuer will assess the items and arrange them into lots to achieve the best result for our vendors before then cataloguing them onto our auction software. If we are consigned items which are unknown to us, we will gladly spend time researching items on behalf of our vendors to ensure we can advertise the pieces properly without anything being sold without a proper, detailed description.
3. Pre-Sale Advice: If you have provided us with an email address, you shall receive an email with your pre-sale advice consisting of your lot numbers, descriptions and estimates approximately 1-2 weeks before the auction. Please check these thoroughly and contact the office should there be any issues or concerns, preferably, before the catalogue has been released.
4. Auction Day: Your items will be sold in the auction as stated on your advice statement after they have had exposure to the world of antiques collectors and dealers via our advertising!
5. Post-Sale Advice: Approximately 1-2 days after the auction, you will receive a Post-Sale Advice email which states the realised prices your lots made or if they were unsold. Please note, the prices shown on the Post-Sale advice email are all subject to the purchaser completing the transaction. 2/3 weeks after the auction, you will then receive an Auction Statement with a final total of goods sold after our charges. Payment will be made then be made via Bank Transfer unless otherwise agreed within 2-4 weeks of the date of the auction.
If you have any questions or queries about the Selling Process, please don’t hesitate to contact us at any point (Monday - Friday, 8AM-5PM).
Our Selling Charges
At Leighton Hall Auctions, we believe we offer good value for our sellers' commission as we strive to ensure we achieve the best results for our vendors (not just because we are nice people, but also because we rely on the commission)! We advertise all our catalogues globally for at least 2 weeks prior to the auction date on 3 internet bidding platforms to include Leighton Hall Auctions Live, the-saleroom and Easylive Auctions to gain the most exposure for our vendors as possible.
We charge 15% Sellers' Commission on the hammer price of the item which is also subject to VAT (18% in total).
We also charge a small lotting fee of £2 per lot (£2.40 with VAT) that is entered in the auction regardless of whether the item is sold or not.
There are no further fees payable! We don't charge photography fees, insurance fees, storage fees or any other form of fee as some auction houses do. We strive to provide a high value service for our vendors as we appreciate your custom!
If you chose to consign with us, we will ensure that lots are of saleable quality to ensure that you get the best results available!
Our service is easy, hassle-free and fully insured as well to ensure the smooth sale of your items! We pride ourselves on providing a bespoke, personal service to ensure we achieve the best results for our vendors! We take huge pride and care in our work from the start of the selling process until the moment it has sold!
If you have any further questions about our services, please don't hesitate to contact us!