World War One original brass ship's bell 'H.M.S. Raider 1916' with clanger. 32cm tall, 26cm wide.
Launched on the 17th July 1916, the HMS Raider was the second vessel of a class of 62 R-Class Destroyers operated by the Royal Navy and the HMS Raider served with the Grand Fleet during the first World War. The HMS Raider was laid down by the firm 'Swan Hunter & Wigham Richardson' at Wallsend on the River Tyne in October 1925. The Raider was later retired and finally sold for scrapping in April 1927 as most of the remaining R-Class Destroyers were.